Friday, February 01, 2013

Christmas (long overdo)

so after a couple of busy weeks, I finally had time to give my beautiful wife her well deserved christmas gift (well next to the other stuff she got actually on christmas)

 For some reason making her coasters took a lot longer than expected. Since bloodwood is amazingly hard and ruined a couple of my saw blades in the process.

sadly the picture does not do justice how beautiful they are

Another delay was caused, since I wanted to utilize the beautiful face-grain and cut not batch it, as you can with end-grain.

Also I finally managed to finish the development of our christmas pictures. Which shall be used for next years christmas cards.

finally nearly perfect 
smiling is optional in this family. But at least all have the same expression

Basil is ain't that happy with the stupid santa head.

No comments: