Friday, August 07, 2009

today I managed to sell my nikon D200 for 600$ including battery grip, which is an ok price for this camera and I didn't actually loose money on it. I think that's the first time that I bought a camera, used it 10 month and sold it without loosing money. I did the same with the Nikon 17-55mm F/2.8 2 month ago and didn't loose money on it either.

Thanks to the microsoft live.com cash back promotion from the last year. I just wished I would had bought the 85mm F/1.4 at this time. Since I would had made so much money on it :( Well live and learn I guess.

Now my savings account approaches 2000$ which get's me this much closer to a D700 (once they release the D700s) or a jeep wrangler, once I get a visa and save enough money up.

Why a wrangler? I need a car which I can take to Utah and death valley and it get's me everywhere, which has cheap parts and is reliable. The passat can't do it. And when you rent a 4x4 Vehicle they always make you sign the form 'You are not going to take this vehicle offroad and are not insured when offroading', which defeats the purpose.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to sell the Passat or keep it. Since you can't really use the jeep as a daily driver.

No comments: