Saturday, July 21, 2007



ok these two pictures are the same. The left is before "photoshop repair" the right is after repair. It took roughly 20 minutes to fix these simple picture up and tommorrow I going to shoot some birds to see how hard it is to fix these up. And afterwards I will figure out what next.
At least I learned for the future dust cleaning is easy, but I wont do a wet cleaning again.

Just to dangerous...

http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/d80/nikon_d80_2.html

here we can see an overview off all camera systems. The D50 and D70s are not longer produced and only used available for around 400 - 600$. Which means it makes not really sens to fix my D50 because it is already close too 2 years old, has a third of its lifetime down (15k releases, rated arround 30 - 45k releases before shutter needs to be replaced) and the flash is dead.

So it will be most likley the D80 or if they announce the new model i will prob with this. The 1500$ for the D200 is just way to much for a hobby. And the main difference is shooting speed (would love to have 5fps) and all controls are accessible over buttons instead of a menu.

And 869$ vs 1500$ is quite a difference...

So I read a little bit more about the idea to replace to scratched sensor element with an infrared/new element and this element cost around 95$, but the problem is you need to take the camera apart in all little pieces which scares the hell out of me for obvious reason. The instructions are here

http://www.lifepixel.com/IR.htm

I could do it except the soldering part, where I'm missing the tools and the practice. So it seems like I have to pay the fee for it, if i go this way.

No comments: