Monday, November 06, 2006

macros,
ok I don't own a macro lens, but I read something about reversing a lens. The basic idea is to magnify an object so its 1:1 or bigger with your frame.

Lets look what are the requirements to reverse a lens:

- tape to connect lenses -> have some
- a prime -> have a 50mm prime
- a second prime or a zoom -> have a couple of zooms

the zoom I used is my "el cheap o" 50$ zoom, cause it was the only one which diameter somehow fits the diameter of the 50mm. I put a cheap UV Filter in front. to avoid scratching it. I tried my 300mm zoom which would give me a magnification of 6x, but could'nt get anything in focus.

So I had a mini macro with a magnification of: 1.6 (80mm/50mm = 1.6) Which should be a start. For the lighting is used one SB-600 which was not much help, cause m working distance was arround an inch. As macro table I used the 70-300mm lens, cause I could raise and lower it using the zoom/focus ring.
All pictures are right out of the camera with no adjustements.

conclusion
as we can see none of the pictures are per

No comments: