Monday, August 14, 2006

the daily joke appeared again.

I finally received my new laptop and it's damn nice. Only that the order was wrong again.

- they delivered 2 more batteries than I ordered and they don't fit at all...
- they delivered only 1 GB of ram insted of the ordered 2 GB

why is it so difficult to get an order once right .

anywa sofar I'm really satisfied.

- very light
- display is very bright, the first time I actually work with a display where I reduce the intensity
- battery liftime is arround 4h with wifi and bluetooth on
- pretty fast, gotta test how it performs under java
- that you need the docking station for a second battery/hd or a cdrom kinda sucks, but when did I ever need a cdrom anyway
- it has a sd slot, so perfect for my camera

right now I look at smart phones and found one thats nearly perfect

the mda from t-mobile/cingular for 249$ before taxes. so in total with activation fee and so it should be arround 300$. The size is ok, little bit larger than a motorola razor.

the main question is do I need it or does it another phone too?

basicly any phone thats not a flip phone cost arround 100$ and you can call and play mp3's with it.

The mda can more and has nearly the same size.

- full pda
- plays mp3
- extension via mini sd card -> gotta sell my sd card and switch over to mini sd in case I buy it ( i think I go shopping soon)
- can use wifi to browse the internet ( and automatical receive my emails all 45 minutes)
- i can write programms for it what makes it really interessting to maintain my servers
- with its full sized keayboard i can work over ssh, what makes it really sweet

mhm I think about it, ist only 150$ difference to a normal phhone. (I also could spend this 125$ on a short trip with my girl...)

we will see... I have 600$ left for this month and the half is already gone.

I also came to the conclusion that I don't need a heart rate monitor and a cadence monitor. I could ride my bike quite well with out it at the weekend...

No comments: