Sunday, February 19, 2012

Car...

Last night we returned from our San Diego trip and I finally wanted to take the chance to finish working on my car and have it again. Only to notice that some contractor who were trimming the trees completely ruined the paint job on my car...




A huge scratch over the hood, down to the primer...





Several scratches over the side down to the metal.

Now we are really considering filing a claim with our insurance, but most likely the cost to repaint the car will be more than the car is worth these days..

Anyway, I did manage to finish the car repairs and it seems to be running fine now...

Estimated cost dealer: 1500-2000$ for diagnostics and replacement of parts

My cost:

155$ for water pump, timing belt, accessory belts, thermostat
15$ for coolant hose
5$ for hose clamps
5$ for razor blades
100$ for battery
100$ for whiskey as a thank you for my father in law to help me with some parts
10$ for band aid to remove unwanted skin...

Next job are the oxygen sensors and the valve covers sometime down the road....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Veranda Terrace,Davis,United States

No comments: