Saturday, February 05, 2011

crepes with chocolate sauce -

after making the turkey tonight I had this incredible starving for something sweet as desert and so I wanted to make a lemon loaf. Which did not work out, since I was all out of baking powder and baking soda.

So instead I made some crepes again. Now it also turned out I was out of applesauce and had to create an impromptu chocolate sauce from my Saint Nikolaus gift. Yes I kept the 2 bars of Lindt chocolate till tonight. This has to be some kind of record for me. (Or is related to the 240 truffles I ate in the last 2 months...)

So the first attempt of presentation, was not really a spark of creativity...

standard crepes with chocolate sauce presentation
 this got me thinking, how could I present the crepes in a less messy way...

lost at sea
And I think the ducks work rather well in this case.

crepe recipe:

-> here

chocolate sauce:


  • 2 bars lind dark chocolate ~50-70%
  • 2 tbs butter - unsalted
  • 1/4 cup 1% milk
  • chili powder to taste

directions:

  1. break the bars into even pieces
  2. melt with the butter and milk on low temperature
  3. add chili powder
  4. turn off the flame
  5. put in cold water bath
  6. keep steering the sauce while it cools

No comments: