Saturday, August 25, 2007

right now I finally start to work with OSX and after using it for 2/3 days I really have to say I will never ever buy a ppc again. I can run OSX/Linux/Windows on one system. It is very easy to use like a windows system, but give me the features of a unique system and last but not least it is very fast.

now I just waiting that you can install OSX on a IBM X60 some day and trying to find a good online source to get more out of it.

Another thing what I'm trying to figure out, how can I work on my pictures from different pc's and have a build in backup solution. My best idea is to setup a CVS server, but I'm honestly lacking HD space for this project. I got like 20GB of pictures right now and want to access them from any of our pc's at home. Maybe I can setup a mini mac to work as tiny server, but with a 40GB harddrive it is a little bit too limiting.

I'm also thinking to get rid of some pc's at home, right now we got:

3 x laptops
2 x desktops
1 x mini mac

and this for 2 persons is kinda much.

What we do with all this stuff?

2 x laptops needed to work at home
1 x laptop needed for lindsay to do her homework
1 x desktop so lindsay can play games or I can play once in a while

1 x old desktop collecting dust and to slow for everything (celeron 1GB, 64MB ram)
1 x mini mac, not in use since we got the third laptop, was used before as a mini database server for testing

No comments: